January 13, 2013
37th Annual Greater Indianapolis Garage Sale: Jan. 12 – 13 in the Champions Pavilion and Marsh Blue Ribbon Pavilion.
Hours: Sat. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission: $5 for two-day pass; $3.50 at door; children 12 and younger free.
For more info: www.familyevents.com/event/218
Educators get 25% off classroom and personal purchases and 105 off music, DVD’s, in-store, and online.
Begin the new year with Williams-Sonoma Technique Classes and be inspired! Learn fresh menu ideas, healthy recipes for family dinners, and both classic and new cooking techniques. Our complimentary Technique Classes are each dedicated to a specific culinary topic, such as cookware, tools or the best way to work with seasonal produce.
- Hour-long technique classes are free and include tastings of prepared dishes.
- Participants enjoy 10% savings on select same-day store purchases.
- Available at all stores; class times vary by store location.
- Class size is limited – call your local store to register.
Eat Well Through the Winter
For our first class of the New Year, we’ll focus on foods that are good for you—ones that promote a strong immune system and digestive health. Discover delicious new recipes to prepare for your family and help keep the winter blues away.
Raw foods are packed with vitamins and nutrients. Learn how to add more raw foods to your diet, including fruits, vegetables and nuts. We’ll discuss some great ways to eat RAW—from juicing to fresh takes on salads, soups and more.
If you want to add more vegetables to your daily meals, this is the class for you. We’ll show you how to make some tasty vegetarian dishes that the whole family will love. You’ll also learn to season foods and enhance the flavor without using salt.
Flavors of Morocco
Join us and explore the exotic foods of Morocco. Learn about classic Moroccan flavor profiles—combining sweet, sour and spicy—and how to use spices such as harissa and ras el hanout. We’ll also demonstrate a foolproof way to make couscous and other Moroccan favorites.
Museum of 20th Century
Warfare & Fort Harrison
Battle of the Bulge Display
• Identify various storage solutions for your project
• Understand the Martha Stewart Living storage components and their uses
• Create a harmonious color scheme using Martha Steward Living components and other home décor